Youth Football and Cheerleader Programs in Wilton, CT

My my My my

Wilton Flag Football Mission Statement

We thought it might be helpful to provide an overview of the league, our goals as a program and a rough outline as to what you can expect in the coming season.
Our goal is to providing a safe, fun and enjoyable environment for boys and girls to play flag football in grades 1st thru 12th.

The flag program is for children living within Wilton only.   We will accept registrations for players from other towns as long as their town does not have an FCFL flag program and as room allows in our program.

Parents and volunteers will coach the flag teams.  The WYFL is actively looking for volunteer coaches for this exciting NFL Flag Football program, so please contact us if you are interested in coaching and at what level.  There will likely be 4 to 10 teams per division and team sizes will be 5 to 10 players per team with parent coaches.  We believe smaller teams allows coaches to teach the fundamentals while at the same time allowing the children maximum playing time.

Rules in the Wilton Flag league are created to allow for an organized but enjoyable experience for the children.  Equal playing time and position rotation is encouraged.  The full rules can be found on our website and are summarized below:

• no kick-off or punts
  • play is on an 50 by 30 yard field for 1st grade through 4th and a 70 by 30 yard field for 5th grade through 12th.
  • five players VS five players or seven players VS seven players depending on number of players and coaches on gameday.  
  • there are no weight limits to play QB, RB or WR
  • each player must touch the ball at least once per game

The practice schedule is determined by the coach, but is usually one day per week with a game on Saturday.  All practices will be held at Middlebrook School Fields & Guy Whitten Fields unless announced in advance, all games will be held at Middlebrook School Fields & Guy Whitten Fields unless announced in advance.  We will try to schedule one or two games per team on the WHS Turf field as it becomes available to us.

Any questions contact our Flag Commisioner Tony Palumbo Jr at